November 30, 2010

Cheese Ball

So before I begin, let me make a little confession, I love cream cheese. I personally think that cream cheese can be used in any meal, because it can be transformed into an appetizer, side dish, main dish, or even a dessert. When I am stuck for a recipe idea, cream cheese comes to mind because it has the ability to transform into whatever I want. During the holidays, I am often transported back to growing up, and the wonderful foods we had during the holidays. We had a lot of cheese balls, while cheese balls may not seem too glamorous, I think they are a wonderful appetizer to make. They are easy, and can be made days in advance.

Needed

8 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup Danish Blue Cheese
1/2 cup sliced almonds or chopped walnuts

To make

Allow cream cheese to soften by reaching room temperature. In a medium sized bowl combine cream cheese and 1/3 cup Danish Blue Cheese. Mix together well. Refrigerate overnight, the cream cheese will become solid again. Roll into a ball, and then place nuts into a bowl, and press the cheese ball firmly into the nuts.

Now, let me say some options I would like to try is to use a stronger flavored blue cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Dash Of Love Copyright © 2009