September 29, 2009

Best Ever Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

One of the best things about Halloween when I was a kid was the pumpkin seeds baking while we were finishing up the details on the carving....Now I make them for my own kids and they are a huge hit! The secret to these yummy seeds is the Worcestershire sauce; I sometimes use a little more than the recipe calls for.


2 cups pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/4 teaspoons salt

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Thoroughly rinse seeds and pick out stray bits of pumpkin. Rinse off the pumpkin seeds to get off any extra pumpkin goo...Pour seeds on a cookie sheet, preferably one with sides. Combine Worcestershire sauce and melted butter.
Pour Worcestershire sauce/butter combination over seeds and stir to distribute evenly. Evenly sprinkle salt over seeds.

Bake for two hours, stirring every half hour.

Let cool and enjoy!

Store in airtight container...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! roasted pumpkin seeds were a tradition in my house and I'm really looking forward to making them for my little girl who is turning 1 in a couple of weeks. I never thought of putting worcestershire sauce in them before -what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

 

A Dash Of Love Copyright © 2009